The chipKIT™ WiFi Shield is an interface board designed for use with Digilent’s chipKIT line of microcontroller boards such as the Uno32™, uC32™, or Max32™. The chipKIT line is a family of microcontroller boards based on the high performance Microchip PIC32 family of microcontrollers.
The WiFi Shield makes use of the Microchip MRF24WB0MA WiFi module and provides chipKIT microcontroller boards the ability to connect to and communicate via IEEE 802.11 compatible wireless networks.
The WiFi Shield is intended for use with the Digilent network libraries, DNETcK and DWIFIcK, available for free download from the Digilent web site. These libraries make use of, and include a custom version of the Microchip Applications Library licensed from Microchip.
The WiFi Shield also provides a micro-SD card connector for use with micro-SD flash memory cards. The chipKIT MPIDE SD library can be used to read/write files stored on the micro-SD card.
- IEEE 802.11b-compliant RF transceiver
- Serialized unique MAC address
- 1 and 2Mbps data rates
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n-compatible
- Integrated PCB antenna
- Range: up to 400m (1300 ft.)
- Radio regulation certification for the United States (FCC), Canada (IC), Europe (ETSI), and Japan (ARIB)
- Wi-Fi certified (WFA ID: WFA7150)
- Micro SD card connector
- Four LEDs